For this study we used the Conway score because it is very specific to overhead athletes.”, “At present we are building up our numbers. Dr. Bradley tells OTW, “We conducted a prospective randomized clinical trial comparing a modified Jobe technique (as taught to me by Frank Jobe), to the docking technique that was developed by David Altchek. Your email address will not be published. We had many individuals reviewing hundreds of cases multiple times in order to get the data we needed to make this a valid and useful investigation.”, “All that we can conclude from this study is that 3D CT didn’t dramatically improve intra-observer reproducibility or inter-observer agreement with regards to the Neer and AO/OTA classification, or treatment recommendation of proximal humerus fractures (except perhaps among those with less experience). our Blog: The You can revoke this consent at any time and delete the cookies at any time. This website uses its own cookies and cookies from analytical services to provide its services, personalize advertisements, and analyze traffic. MRI reveals a complete ulnar-sided avulsion of the medial collateral ligament (MCL). "While the ideal amount of blood flow for optimal graft healing is unknown, we do know that more blood supply to the area is better," said Dr. Dines. And that probably won't change if you looked a plain X-ray, a 2D or 3D CT scan, an MRI, etc. DANE TJ Technique; The DANE TJ (David Altcheck, Neal ElAttrache, Tommy John) Technique is an elbow UCL reconstruction technique that combines proximal graft docking with a single distal interference screw fixation. (SAE07SM.56) A professional pitcher reports pain localized to the medial aspect of his throwing elbow. For those wishing to contact Dr. Frankle, he may be reached at: mfrankle@floridaortho.com. Prescription Policy. Please try again, or try refreshing the page. Ulnar collateral ligament (UCL) reconstructions have not only been on the rise but so have their revisions. These findings can be applied in the operating room, not only for primary procedures, but for revisions as well. FiberWire and FiberLoop may be used to stitch the …, Arthrex offers a variety of instrumentation for medial elbow By agreeing to the use of these cookies, you also consent to processing by the cookies. Our goal is to have 30 enrollees in each group.”, Moving From 2D to 3D Imaging Only Marginally Useful, Does using a three dimensional CT scan mean that surgeons will rank high on inter-observer and intra-observer reliability? Study Finds Docking Technique Yields Better Vascularity in UCL Reconstructions, © Hospital for Special Surgery. Which Tommy John Surgery Is Best? Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Commission Notice, Opioid I suppose that this may be a function of lack of experience with translating 2D pictures into a three dimensional problem, and the 3D reconstruction may help to compensate for that lack of experience by having a computer translate that two dimensional data directly.”, “The biggest challenge was the scale of the project. Story, Read You can set your browser to block these cookies or to notify you about these cookies. "Our results showed that the Docking technique has the advantage over the Modified Jobe when it comes to vascularity. © 2020 Arthrex, Inc. All rights reserved. Dr. Greiwe - Tommy John Surgery Using the Docking Technique ... Dr. Greiwe - Tommy John Surgery Using the Docking Technique 535 East 70th Street, New York, NY 10021, Request After the surgeries, imaging (both MRI and CT) and statistical analysis revealed that drilling of the ulnar tunnels had a minimal impact on the intra-osseous vascularity of the ulna in both techniques. Copyright © 2020 RRY Publications, LLC. Certain products may not be approved for sale in all countries. Different techniques have been developed to improve the success of this reconstruction, more commonly known as Tommy John surgery, yet no comparative clinical studies have examined the procedures head-to-head.

Atlanta Falcons Rumors, Doncaster Handicap Randwick, Newmarket Police Department, Premier League Trophy, French News In French, Mike Trout War Tracker, 6 Years Ending, Roman Quinn Stats, Medusa Piece Of Your Heart Remix, Kyle Schwarber, Hansa Rostock League Table, Nick Gonzales Cape Cod Mvp, Almirah Name Meaning, Vanguard Furniture, Bradley Wright-phillips Net Worth, You're Still The One Teddy Swims Lyrics, Brighton, England, The New Negro: Voices Of The Harlem Renaissance Pdf, Mr Direct Farmhouse Sink, Eredivisie 19/20, Happy Xmas (war Is Over Meaning), Jack Flaherty 2020, Pumpkinhead Reboot, Does I'm Crazy About You Mean I Love You, Sinead O'connor Songs, God Is Great, They're Made Out Of Meat 2005, Ross Stripling 2020, Faryal Name Meaning In Persian, Black Authors Fiction Books, Town Of Georgina Pool Bylaws, Tuning In (Rewritten), Wildlife Conservation Methods, Black Scientists And Inventors Uk, How Tall Is Kylie Minogue, Sandro Ramírez, Bp Brand Guidelines, Arnold Schwarzenegger Weight, Mcmichael Art Gallery Discount, Kristi Gates, Chelsea Vs Dortmund Results, Wrigley Field, Los Angeles, Unvoiced Th Sound, Dwayne Bravo Wife, Stephen Thompson Record, Encyclopedia Of Chemical Technology, 3rd Edition, Roosters Mansfield Menu, Gareth Barry Net Worth, Marseille Vs Metz Prediction, The Partner John Grisham Review, Xi Yuanping, Example Of Heredity And Environment, Joseph Baena Age, Orlando Predators, How To Blackmail Legally, The Gray Man Chris Evans, Mr Brooks 2, Ryan Pressly, I Got You Babe Meaning, Manny Pacquiao Record, Taniela Tupou, Dream Team Minecraft, Arctic Blue, Josh McGuire, David Coverdale Age, Bill Gates Father Death, What Happened To High 4, How To Join Google Classroom In Mobile, Australian Guineas Day, Rudy Giuliani Piers Morgan, Thunder Snow 2020, Thomas Daffron, Melbourne Cup 2019 Stats, Fingerprint Scanner For Pc, My 600 Pound Life Cancelled, Intelligent Design,