Then its wings started flapping and I got such a shock. Osbourne has now marked the incident’s anniversary with a plush toy bat with a detachable head. Today marks the 37th Anniversary since I bit a head off a f*cking bat! For a start, my mouth was instantly full of this warm, gloopy liquid, with the worst aftertaste you could ever imagine. Click “Accept” to consent to the use of this technology and the processing of your personal data for these purposes. On the 37th anniversary of the Prince of Darkness's notorious "bat-biting incident," Ozzy Osbourne released a new, limited edition item to his online store -- a plush bat with the Ozzy logo, complete with a detachable head. Anyways, for those who are clueless about what happened at Veteran Memorial Auditorium in 1982, here’s the report by Des Moines Register, dated January 22, 1982 (and reposted/updated on September 22, 2017): “Osbourne reportedly put a dead bat in his mouth, bit its head off and threw it back into the crowd of about 5,000 at the auditorium Wednesday night. January 20th, 1982: Ozzy, The Prince of Darkness bit the head off a bat during an event at Veterans Memorial Auditorium in Des Moines, Iowa. Our journalists will try to respond by joining the threads when they can to create a true meeting of independent Premium. Ozzy Osbourne has decided to mark the notorious bat biting indecent by launching this horribly adorable detachable head plush toy. Please continue to respect all commenters and create constructive debates. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. I mean, why not when there’s money to be made, right? $3.60 Ozzy … And I am not even joking! "I'm doing another record right now. Some skeptics think the whole thing was a publicity stunt – even the taking of the first of a series of five rabies shots at a Des Moines hospital after the concert. It is just adorable, harmless plush toy. The most insightful comments on all subjects will be published daily in dedicated articles. The musician famously only realised afterward that the bat was real and not, in fact, made of rubber. Celebrate with this commemorative plush with detachable head.”. If you are keen, you will have to keep your eyes peeled on the product page because, the first batch of Detachable Head Plush Bat’s pre-sale is already sold out. Nic Huber. I tried to pull it out too quickly and its head came off.". Our website uses cookies. He later told Classic Rock Magazine, "It must have been stunned by the lights or something because it just froze and I thought it was a toy. Avid tech enthusiast, gadget lover, marketing critic and most importantly, love to reason and talk. $25.33 Ozzy terrycloth zippered wristband. On January 21, 2019, Ozzy marks the 37th anniversary since the bloody decapitation act with this: an adorable plushie bat with a detachable head, simply called Plush Bat. But hey, it’s showbiz and back then, shock rock was the ‘in’ thing. Celebrate with this commemorative plush with detachable head.https://t.co/Of23jCDtaa pic.twitter.com/U8ZkmOYOey, — Ozzy Osbourne (@OzzyOsbourne) January 20, 2019, In Ozzy's 2009 memoir I Am Ozzy, he recalled the legendary night: “Immediately… something felt wrong. Bat Coronavirus Face Mask. SHARES. All rights reserved. Very wrong. To support truly independent journalism, please consider making a contribution or taking a subscription. On January 20, 1982, Ozzy bit the head off a live bat during a concert at Veterans Memorial Auditorium in Des Moines, Iowa. The Independent employs over 100 journalists around the world to bring you news you can trust. Legend has it that the former Black Sabbath vocalist thought the bat was a toy thrown by an audience member, but he soon learned otherwise. $3.60 Bark at the Moon Patch. Required fields are marked *. Ozzy Osbourne has marked the 37th anniversary of his most infamous onstage incident with a new piece of merchandise. The tweet is accompanied by a GIF demonstrating that the bat’s head can, indeed, be removed from its body. I could feel it staining my teeth and running down my chin. “It really freaked me out,” Neal said. You can also choose to be emailed when someone replies to your comment. Advertisement. Independent Premium Comments can be posted by members of our membership scheme, Independent Premium. the Blast Beat, Heavy Metal Advertising Network. Ozzy Osbourne biting the head off a live bat is one of the more infamous moments in heavy metal history, and to honor the 37th anniversary of the beheading, the Prince of Fucking Darkness is selling a 12-inch plush bat toy — complete with a detachable head. $3.60 Ozzy Logo Patch. More information is available in our cookie notice. | Help Wanted | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy, Metal Injection is a proud member of the Blast Beat, Heavy Metal Advertising Network, Sponsors: Buy Instagram Followers | Buy Instagram Followers. It allows our most engaged readers to debate the big issues, share their own experiences, discuss real-world solutions, and more. “I won’t get in any trouble for admitting this, will I?”, After the show, Osbourne went to Mercy Hospital Medical Center, and was referred to Broadlawns Medical Center because rabies vaccine was available there.”. Due to the sheer scale of this comment community, we are not able to give each post the same level of attention, but we have preserved this area in the interests of open debate. On 20 January, 1982, Osbourne bit the head off a bat during a live show at Veterans Memorial Auditorium in Des Moines, Iowa. Want an ad-free experience?Subscribe to Independent Premium. Bring the legendary moment in rock history to life with this soft toy Plush Bat, featuring the Ozzy Osbourne logo and a velcro detachable head.”. Ozzy Osbourne Is Selling Bat Plush With Detachable Head. Something for the kids! Ozzy Osbourne. But Mark Neal, 17, of Des Moines said he threw the dead bat onto the stage, saw Osbourne pick it up, bite its head off and then throw it into the audience. TBH, I didn’t know it was thrown on stage by someone until today. So, he person did threw it and apparently, on his own accord. No words if the item will be back, but as said, do keep your eyes peeled because, I have a feeling it will have a second or even a third batch going. Today marks the 37th Anniversary since I bit a head off a f*cking bat! Enter your e-mail below to get a daily update with all of our headlines. Just ask Alice Cooper. Learn how your comment data is processed. View more posts, Your email address will not be published. Choosing to accept cookies from our advertising partner Google will allow you to receive personalised advertising. The plush is exclusively on sale in Ozzy's official webstore for $40. The bat ended up biting Ozzy before its untimely death, and, as a result, the singer required treatment against the possibility of rabies. By. We promise your email address will be in safe hands. Posted by Mike chua January 28, 2019 January 27, 2019 Leave a comment on Ozzy Osbourne Is Selling Bat Plush With Detachable Head. But I guess we will never know, right? If you choose to decline, the advertising made available throughout the site will not be tailored to you. Ozzy Osbourne Commemorates Bat Incident With Plush Toy. We and our partners use cookies and other technologies to help us understand how readers use our website, and to deliver relevant content and advertising. It is a strange thing to celebrate which, TBH, didn’t help with a very bizarre plush toy that celebrates it. By continuing we assume your permission to deploy cookies, as detailed in our, Sexy Hand Sanitizer Costume Is A Thing Now Because, It’s 2020, Male Chastity Lock Is A Thing And Apparently, Has Security Risks, Quintessential Nissin Foods Cup Noodle Is Now A, Ermmm, 1/1 Scale Model Kit, Behold! Start your Independent Premium subscription today. ", Copyright © 2020 Metal Injection LLC. 17. I suggest that you do not replicate the same act even with a plush toy. If you do not agree, click to manage your options. No Surgery Required, Rimowa Brings Its Iconic Aluminum Groove Design To iPhone Cases. $10.00 Ozzy Bat Plush. OZZY OSBOURNE Releases Plush Bat Toy to Commemorate 37th Anniversary of Infamous Bat-Biting Incident . The existing Open Comments threads will continue to exist for those who do not subscribe to Independent Premium. Share Tweet Subscribe. Scroll to continue reading. On the rocker’s official merchandise page, the toy bat is on sale for $40, although the pre-sale has already sold out. In a tweet promoting the toy, he wrote: “Today marks the 37th Anniversary since I bit a head off a f***ing bat! Follow Independent Culture on Facebook for all the latest on Film, TV, Music, and more. Shop all official Ozzy merchandise - custom t-shirts, accessories, limited edition items and more! The musician famously only realised afterward that the bat was real and not, in fact, made of rubber Anyways, the Plush Bat features the Ozzy Osbourne logo and uses Velcro to pull off the detachable head trick. The Ozzy Osbourne 'Ordinary Man Bat Beanie' features a bat patch with ozzy logo artwork, and an Ozzy Osbourne patch on the opposite side. Want to bookmark your favourite articles and stories to read or reference later? Every penny you give will fund public-interest reporting. on Ozzy Osbourne Is Selling Bat Plush With Detachable Head, Man Developed A Wearable Device That Augments Your Face. Your email address will not be published. I have always thought that Ozzy Osbourne arranged the entire thing for to create a sensation. Classic Black Beanie 2 Patches: Bat & Ozzy Logo Thirty seven years ago, in January 20, 1982, at the former Veteran Memorial Auditorium (now, Iowa Events Center) in Des Moines, Iowa, English rock singer Ozzy Osbourne shocked the world when he bit off the head of a dead bat threw on stage by a fan. Then the head in my mouth twitched.”. Celebrate with this commemorative plush with detachable head.https://t.co/Of23jCDtaa pic.twitter.com/U8ZkmOYOey. Though some may frown upon at this senseless celebration of a barbaric act. The World’s First Watermelon Game Boy And Yes, It’s A Real Watermelon.

Wrangel Island Mammoth Size, What Is The Name Of Mrs Johnstone's First Child, Dortmund Vs Schalke Lineups, Blanco Valea, Marlon Vera Ranking, I Was Made For Loving You Umbrella Academy, Randy Couture Tito Ortiz, Bartolo Colon Age,