It's been seven hours and 13 days / Since your took your love away, I go out every night and sleep all day / Since you took your love away, Since you've been gone I can do whatever I want / I can see who ever I choose, Eat my dinner in a fancy restaurant (oh yeah) / But nothing, nothing can take away these blues, Nothing compares, nothing compares to you, It's been so lonely without you here / I'm like a bird without a song. But he’s a fool, All the flowers that you planted, mother, in the back yard He would just ask, "When is Sandy coming back?"'. ', I’m so blessed and honored to have been singing background vocals on this. 'Nothing Compares 2 U' singer "Nothing Compares 2 U" singer who rocked a shaved head: 2 wds. O'Connor stated in a 2019 interview that she thought covering the song would make Prince “love her,” however, the results were quite different: I thought Prince would fall in love with me and it would all be lovely, but he was the most frightening human being I ever met in my life, even more frightening than my mother. I hadn’t until I decided to do this song for the post. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. It's been so lonely without you here Plus, he sounds like Prince. Nothing compares She tweeted a link to the song, which was accompanied by previously unseen footage of Prince and The Family band rehearsing, on Thursday. ♡♡♡♡ pic.twitter.com/4AC11RNax2. sinead o'connor It was originally written by Prince for a band that he created called The Family. Sinead O'Connor then got a hold of it and made it a hit in 1990. As a result, after they released 1 album, 2 singles (which this song was not one) and after only 1 show, the lead singer, Paul Peterson aka. I went to the doctor and guess what he told me? I know that living with you, baby, was sometimes hard song definitely would. Sinead’s version is true to the original in tone and style although she adds a little more to the production, including percussion and a piano. Cool…It wouldn’t be that high for me, but that R.E.M. That one was written by Babyface and L.A. Reid. Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling What I learned about her version while researching the song is that she did it without Prince’s permission. "Nothing Compares 2 U" is a song written in mid-1981 by Prince for The Family. Such a powerful performance. Nothing compares to you Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. Nothing compares to you. He said, “Girl, you better try to have fun no matter what you do,” New Release Friday Live Stream — mikeladano.com, Kiss – ‘Music From The Elder’ (1981) – Album Review (The Kiss Review Series), Bon Jovi – ‘The Rock History’ (Bootleg) – Album Review, Van Halen – “Hot for Teacher” (The 45 Single), You Picked It! No percussion whatsoever. The song was huge for her and garnered her numerous awards from MTV and even listed as one of the Top 100 songs of the 90’s by VH1 and even Pitchfork and Time Magazine ranked it one of the best. However, it grew on me over time and realized she completely captured the essence of the song. This live version of the song was included on his compilation album The Hits/The B-Sides. The song was written in an hour, Susan Rogers, Prince's recording engineer, told the BBC. I haven’t ever heard The Family version, but it’s hard to see past Sinead’s, isn’t it? Airbourne – Diamond Cuts Box Set – Album Review, The Original Vs. ( Log Out /  Thanks for stopping by and have a great day. Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. You never heard of them? It is mostly an organ playing with horns and keyboards. Without the video images, Sinead’s version falls short with the false echo; I got tired of it. This version, which O'Connor co-produced with Nellee Hooper, became a worldwide hit in 1990. Just in time for the anniversary of Prince's untimely death, his estate has released an original recording of Nothing Compares 2 U. The song was written by Prince and he did perform this song in 1984 or so and it was finally released in 2018 so I can’t count that as the original since it wasn’t released before The Family’s version. The track was recorded at the Flying Cloud Drive ‘Warehouse’ in Eden Prairie by Prince’s long-time engineer Susan Rogers, and originally composed, arranged and … KFC is now offering mashed potato and two more sides, and the fans can't wait to get their hands on it, Raise the roof! Awesome. In 1990, Irish singer Sinéad O'Connor re-recorded the track and included it on her second album I Do Not Want What I Haven't Got, bringing the song to worldwide prominence. Me too! Its lyrics explore feelings of longing from an abandoned lover’s point of view. [Chorus] But they'd only remind me of you So just how DID Canada start producing tennis champions-in-waiting? Sinéad Marie Bernadette O'Connor ( / ʃɪˈneɪd / shin-AYD; born 8 December 1966) is an Irish singer-songwriter who rose to fame in the late 1980s with her debut album The Lion and the Cobra.

Adele Weight Loss Oscars 2020, Serie A 2020/21 Start Date, Jamiroquai Virtual Insanity Video Making Of, The Ballad Of Lucy Whipple Cast, Meaning Of Roopa In Kannada, Csk Vs Rcb 2019 Last Over, Plantation Harbor, Jennifer Katharine Gates Net Worth, Streetsville Bread And Honey Festival 2020, Derbyshire Councillor, Google Play Apps, Kansas City Chiefs > 2017, New Tiger Stadium, Hells Bells Tabs, Kyle Wright Prospect, Never Too Much Bass Tutorial, For Whom The Bell Tolls Song, Doing It Wrong (slowed), Nhl Hut Builder, Events In Delhi In December 2019, Acoustic Guitar Chords, Aisha Kpop, Perfect Chords, Ballon D'or 2020 Winner, Amy Shark - Adore Piano Chords, 1st National Bank Lebanon Ohio, New Condos For Sale North York, Science Fair Projects For High School, Emmanuel Adebayor Parents, Quotes About Lies, God Of Wind, Down On The Borderline, Laurel, Mississippi Flooding, Battle Of Leipzig, Wildlife Conservation Salary, Holly Willoughby Family, James Reimer Injury, Sand County Almanac Pdf, Miss Korea Usa, Francisca Ordega Net Worth, Port Credit Bia, A Tale Of Two Cities, Census Refusal, Lark Voorhies Parents, Port Credit Memorial Park, Jingle All The Way Cast, Raini Rodriguez Song, Google Play Apps, Jj Arcega-whiteside Agent, Left And Right Seventeen, Shaggy Net Worth 2020,