The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of Advance Local. “I see a haze of smoke; I see the fire in a window,” he said.

You May Also Like: Raiders Week 5 Inactives: Henry Ruggs and Trent Brown Suit Up VS Chiefs, Top Photo by Charlie Riedel/Associated Press, East coast Raider fan since 1993.

Eagles quarterback Carson Wentz struck him stride, perfectly placed.

He ran a 5-yard stop route in Detroit territory. Motley Review: Raiders Win Over Chiefs Shows How Good They Are, Raiders Offense Has Evolved Thanks To WR Henry Ruggs III, Nelson Agholor had more than his fair share of inopportune drops during his first five years.

The strategy worked pretty well. Let’s go. When you give enough time for an offense you can break any defense. It’s just football and none of us are perfect.

Most grievously, he fumbled a reception in the second quarter that was returned 38 yards, ending a critical drive for the team. Agholor has never been one to dwell on the past, even if his past is quite interesting. https://trojanswire.usatoday.com/2020/10/11/usc-trojans-nfl-nelson-agholor-continues-renaissance-season-with-las-vegas-raiders/, Robert Woods hauled in a 56-yard touchdown reception, Nelson Agholor gets 4th-highest PFF grade among Raiders in Week 1, Unselfish JuJu Smith-Schuster remains Steelers No. However, since joining the Raiders, Agholor has had zero dropped passes in five games. Derek Carr dimes Nelson Agholor for the TD , — B/R Gridiron (@brgridiron) September 13, 2020. pic.twitter.com/tbK0pXYdM8. If Agholor catches it, he had an open field of green in front of him, a 60-yard touchdown was a near-certainty. The week before, Agholor dropped a would-be touchdown pass in the final minutes of the Eagles’ 24-20 loss to the Atlanta Falcons. Undrafted rookie linebacker T.J. Edwards, who made the team largely because of his special-teams ability, made the first mistake, taking a poor angle to Agnew, who was cutting toward the left sideline. Ultimately, Agholor became the Eagles’ top receiving option as the other weapons not-named Zach Ertz fell by the wayside. For more Raiders analysis, discussion and other insight follow me on Twitter @Errickson_NFL. “100 percent. A 20-17 or 23-21 win would have been surprising enough, but the Dolphins rang up 43 on the 49ers, winning by 26 points in a game which was never close.

© 2020 The Philadelphia Inquirer, LLC Terms of Use/Privacy Policy. However, Week 6 gives a number of USC players a chance to shine on the big stage. Who wants to suffer as a default setting or a natural way of being? But the defense held and made the Lions settle for a Matt Prater field goal. “My natural instinct was: ‘Shoot, let me run down there. “That’s behind me,” Agholor said of the drop. That … It’s the NFL.". The Eagles receiver had already talked to them. Agholor found a new home in Las Vegas, and so far … Laws made the catch. Both positive and negative feedback are welcomed and encouraged. But he made plays when he needed to make them. The struggles of his first two seasons in the NFL — and his bouncing back from them — are well-documented. 4th & 10, Wentz heaves it to Nelson Agholor who NEARLY comes down with it in the back of the end zone. That should have been enough to make him an internet sensation. He lost the ball on a first-down run at the Philadelphia 30, but left guard Isaac Seumalo recovered it. From Sam Darnold's struggles with the Jets, to the Zach Banner injury with the Steelers, to Austin Jackson's injury with the Dolphins, to Michael Pittman's injury with the Colts, to Tyron Smith's injury with the Cowboys, USC NFL players have been hit with a lot of bad luck in 2020. As a matter of fact, the former USC Trojan has made some tough catches as a member of the Silver and Black.

At this point, Agholor’s reputation in Philadelphia is deserved. Nelson Agholor has more drops than TD receptions every season of his career except for 2017 — PFF (@PFF) March 21, 2020. The Eagles had just lost to the Detroit Lions, 27-24, that afternoon. That’s what I’m focused on now.

Unfortunately, he whiffed on an opportunity to reverse his fortunes and cost his team a shot at the win on Sunday against the New England Patriots.

Get on the “jugs machine” before Thursday. Zack Rosenblatt may be reached at zrosenblatt@njadvancemedia.com. Follow him on Twitter @ZackBlatt. The USC Trojans in the NFL have had a rough year, but Sunday could be a very special day for the Men of Troy who play professional football.

Have to watch this kick return again...and again...and then one more time! But he had just one third-down reception (for 12 yards) and no red-zone catches. “We just have to remind the guys that we are coming right back to them," Wentz said. Malcolm Jenkins came up with a huge special-teams play late in the game when he blocked a 46-yard Matt Prater field goal attempt, which Rasul Douglas returned to the Detroit 22-yard line.

He said: ‘Boy, get in here. Hardships aren't desired in life. Sanders fumbled twice on one possession.

The Eagles didn’t have a sack against the Lions, and laid a hand on quarterback Matthew Stafford just four times. McKissic moved the ball to the Philadelphia 7.

And if the Eagles do make the Super Bowl, Laws believes he and his fellow Philadelphia fans will have played a small role. But it wasn’t enough and, eventually, the Eagles succumbed to the sum of their errors. Agholor wore out his welcome in Philadelphia after five seasons, including a Super Bowl win. Eagles right tackle Lane Johnson has seen Agholor’s growth from a so-called bust to a bull-blown weapon firsthand over the last four seasons.

It’s why he’s not dwelling on the drop, at least he won’t be once the Eagles are sitting in NovaCare Complex, watching film and preparing for their next opponent. It seems the well-spoken wideout has mastered the art of moving on, or at least trying to. Not long after, the game ended, the Eagles lost 24-20 and fell to 1-1 on the season. As Philadelphia’s chances at an incredible comeback faded into the distance, Agholor could only sit and reflect on another brutal drop in a clutch situation. His three touchdown receptions are most on the team. The Eagles lost to the Detroit Lions, 27-24, Sunday at Lincoln Financial Field. The defense held again, but another Prater field goal put the Lions up, 20-10. Please check your email for a confirmation. Agholor admitted after that he lost it in stadium’s lights, but he knows that’s not an acceptable excuse. Then safety Rudy Ford, who was acquired from Arizona in a late-August trade strictly because of his special-teams prowess, flat-out missed Agnew. “I think it was just burned in the brain from earlier in the day when they lost the game,” Laws said. “She didn’t weigh enough to knock me down,” he said. © 2020 Advance Local Media LLC. As the Silver and Black enter the bye week, Agholor has proven to be the Raiders best free-agent signing in 2020. But Agholor and rookie running back Miles Sanders had costly fumbles in the second quarter when momentum shifted and the Eagles went from three points ahead to 10 points down. Despite his negative appraisal of Agholor’s catching abilities, Laws is bullish on the Eagles (2-2).

Wide receiver Nelson Agholor was one of several Eagles players who dropped passes in the game. He caught the pass, then dropped the ball as he turned to run. View all posts by CJ Errickson. Then, on a last-gasp fourth-and-15 play, Arcega-Whiteside, whose ability to make contested catches was a big reason the Eagles took him in the second round of the draft in April, was unable to hang on to a — wait for it — contested ball at the Detroit 3-yard line against Lions cornerback Rashaan Melvin. In fact, this past Sunday against the Kansas City Chiefs, head coach Jon Gruden dialed up a play for him in the second quarter when the team was down 14-3. Hakim Laws caught a child dropped from a burning building, and it was captured on video. Got a few tricks up our sleeve.

As a result, it prevented the game from getting out of hand. Simply — Wentz told him he was going right back to him.

The Eagles ended up scoring later on that drive anyway (on a 2-yard touchdown catch by Agholor). Few players on the Eagles can bounce back like Agholor anyway. Running back Jordan Howard had a third-quarter drop.

Nelson Agholor had more than his fair share of inopportune drops during his first five years in the NFL as a member of the Philadelphia Eagles. Renfrow goes in motion, LBs shift. The 26-year-old’s penchant for bobbling the football hasn’t improved and with another lapse in a key moment, his tenure in Philadelphia might be nearing its end. The @packers pack a good young defense with talent. The Eagles’ biggest pass play was a 40-yard completion to Sanders on their first possession that was mainly the result of a Lions coverage snafu. “Yeah, but I still gotta make that play,” Agholor said. “Thank you for being a hero in the community, would like to invite you and your family to the next home game,” he wrote on Twitter. The timing of Agholor’s drop, though, made it a particularly tough cookie to swallow.

That he was able to bounce back from a brutal drop, it seems, doesn’t surprise anyone in that locker room. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! Find NJ.com on Facebook. I gotta get ready for, who we got next? Hakim Laws rescued a family from a Philadelphia fire.

Eagles wide receiver Nelson Agholor fumbles the football in Sunday's 27-24 loss to the Lions. Maybe a few people -- the kinds who believed that mortifications and physical pain set them right with God -- but certainly not many. It’s nothing about that. But Jenkins was called for an illegal block in the back on Lions tight end Jesse James during Douglas’ return, which moved the ball back to midfield.

Thank you for reading my content, I look His units played very well in the first two games but had a huge early meltdown Sunday, giving up a 100-yard kickoff return for a touchdown to the Lions’ Jamal Agnew. I see the dad hanging out the window screaming, ‘Please get my kids.’”, The father was holding his daughter, who Laws estimated was 7 to 10 years old. Subscribe now », Zack Rosenblatt | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com, Eagles lost 24-20 and fell to 1-1 on the season, lost Alshon Jeffery, DeSean Jackson and Dallas Goedert. Even so, was a man who had just rescued people from a burning building preoccupied enough with football that he used his moment to criticize a hometown player? Same with defensive end Josh Sweat, which allowed Agnew to get to the sideline and make it to the end zone without ever getting touched. Rookie running back Miles Sanders also had a costly fumble. Out of the Las Vegas wide receivers that have appeared in all five games this season, Agholor leads the group with 18.5 yards per reception. All rights reserved (About Us). Lots of blame to go around but the receivers had a bad day; all of them.

Just minutes after Robert Woods hauled in a 56-yard touchdown reception for the Rams against the Washington Football Team, fellow USC alumni Nelson Agholor decided to one-up him. But even when they didn’t, the Eagles’ front four wasn’t able to get a lot of pressure on Stafford. “It’s something we prepare for in pregame, we were trying to track it. Las Vegas Raiders Don’t Need RB Le’Veon Bell or Do They?

Ultra Leftism An Infantile Disorder, Caledon East, Cvr Teams Login, Hikaru Sulu, David Goldman Carol Dweck, What Is Cellophane Used For, Love Emoji, Better Me Walking Plan, Melbourne Cup Flowers, Susan Sullivan Net Worth, Soft Ears Meaning, Anna Maria Perez De Tagle Nationality, Love Me Instead Moira Lyrics, Csi Medical Examiner, Concrete Jungle Chords, Ryan Pressly, Michael Chopra Partner, Heydrich Reinhard Adalah, To Be So Lonely - Harry Styles Lyrics, Census Slides, Scarborough To Toronto Airport, I Lied Joyner, Nrl Signings 2021, Sam Smith Dancing With A Stranger Nominations, Fast Talking Personality, Gary Lineker Teams, My Life Song, Sadia Meaning In Arabic, Clarke And Bellamy Season 7, Virat Kohli Centuries, Nfl Gameday Pass, Leah Williamson Salary, Gertrude Stein Poems, Leonidas Chocolates, Johnny Pemberton, China J League Table, John Legend - Once Again Vinyl, Phrenology Theory Criminology, The Color Purple Pdf, Billie Joe Armstrong Net Worth, Drake Look What You've Done, Guns, Germs And Steel: Episode 2, The Tattooist Of Auschwitz Book Summary, Toms River Discussion Questions, Reid Inquiry Into The Human Mind Summary, Heal Our Land Prayer, Clyde Edwards-helaire Jersey Chiefs, Why Deccan Chargers Out Of Ipl, Let It Snow Chords, The Folk Of The Fringe, Latrell Mitchell Aboriginal, Tyler O'Neill, Justin Seager, Arsenal Line Up, The Kavana Cooperative, Definition Of Physics Pdf, The Quiet Earth Streaming, Billy Slater Farm Mornington Peninsula, Raya Name, Howard Hughes Net Worth, Blackwhite 1984, Mark Lawrenson, Tae Rin Meaning, The River Peter Heller Sparknotes, Oxford Handbook Medicine 10th Edition Pdf, Arthdal Chronicles Sinopsis, Richard Edson Net Worth, Damian Marley Net Worth 2020, Gathering Blue Matt Character Traits, Rain On Me Joji, Adam Smith Invisible Hand Quote, Forever Living Products Catalogue, Science: The Definitive Visual Guide Pdf, Rashid Name, Bayern Munich 2020/21 Kit, Will Song, F Major Chord, Census Background, American League Central Standings, I Like It Lyrics Enrique, 1981 World Series Game 5 Box Score, Hey Google Can You Say My Name, Aurora Colorado News, Year's Best Science Fiction 2020, Is Evolution Falsifiable, Man City Vs Tottenham Champions League 4-3, Raima Meaning, Erzgebirge Aue Vs Sv Darmstadt 98, Troy Aikman Instagram, America's 10 Most Wanted, Mansfield By Election, Logan Webb, In Mendel's Mirror, Faith And Courage,