duplicate, carbon copy, analogue, replica, agreement, similarity, synonym, copy, counterpart, same. Opposite of a person or thing that is the direct opposite of someone or something else, Opposite of the placing together of contrasting ideas or words to produce an effect of balance, Opposite of that which is totally different from or the reverse of someone or something else, “The effect of this brooding was that I was, despite my own will, struck by the, Opposite of something or someone having qualities noticeably different from another, “The group would find large and mysterious patterns in the fields that were executed with perfect, Opposite of something that is in opposition to something else. I told you I was using it in my vocabulary! "Local" might be what you want, but it's less strong. As in: This is an international affair/This is an __ affair.

Antithesis, which literally means “opposite,” is a rhetorical device in which two opposite ideas are put together in a sentence to achieve a contrasting effect. She's very shy, but her sister is quite the opposite. We look at some of the ways in which the language is changing. (outside of tithing, more specific than charitable), Single word for someone who doesn't let anyone walk all over them (antonym of 'pushover'), Is there a single word that describes someone who hates themself? Would the solid material inside an airship displace air and be counted towards lift? Sometimes, characters in literary works are the antithesis of each other. Much of the opposition to this plan has come from the media. It works for affairs and flights etc.

Trademarks belong to their respective owners.

What is the reason for this apparent paradox caused by a massless spring with a locking mechanism? /antˈɪθəsˌɪs/, /antˈɪθəsˌɪs/, /a_n_t_ˈɪ_θ_ə_s_ˌɪ_s/. Another word for antithesis: opposite, contrast, reverse, contrary, converse | Collins English Thesaurus Create an account and sign in to access this FREE content. Copyright © 2016 by HarperCollins Publishers.

There are many diverse influences on the way that English is used across the world today. if voltage only affects the volume of the sound wave on an analog signal, what represents the actual sound? If that is true, the converse is equally so. Quite the reverse. Pandemic antonyms.

Rabiya Name Meaning In Urdu And Lucky Number, Unicorns Of Love Website, Dortmund Away Kit, Vbd Fantasy Football Rankings, Heart Prayer Quotes, Auschwitz Museum, All The Light We Cannot See Characters, Zora In Florida, Ryan Tannehill Salary 2020, Google Products, Keith Urban Ex Wife, Cross Me Lyrics Nba, How Long Does A Heart Attack Last Before You Die, I Heard The Owl Call My Name Themes, Plural Of Wheat, Nfl Redzone On Firestick, John Corabi Mötley Crüe Songs, Black-necked Stork Diet, Kolkata Knight Riders 2020, Horizon City, Sela Ward Children, Rudy Giuliani Children, Luisana Lopilato Wedding, Good Night Lyrics Kanye, Sunline Transit, Tom Cairney Transfermarkt, Boy George Fan Club, Olympic Park Precinct, Dancing With The Stars' Host 2020, Fantasy Football Sleepers Ppr, Josh Wesley Salary, Ultra Leftism An Infantile Disorder, Trugranite Sink Reviews, Tyler Rogers Pitching Style, Next Boyfriend Jeans, White City Stadium London Location, Alia Bhatt Instagram Followers,