And I am telling you I'm not going You're the best man I'll ever know There's no way I could ever, ever go No, no, no, no way No, no, no, no way I'm living without you Oh, I'm not living without you, Not living without you I don't wanna be free I'm staying, I'm staying And you, and you, and you You're gonna love me. "And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going" was recorded in 2006 by former American Idol contestant Jennifer Hudson, who portrayed Effie White in the DreamWorks/Paramount motion picture adaptation of Dreamgirls. Since its debut production in 1981, Dreamgirls has gone on to become one of the most iconic musicals of all time since due to its progressive story about racial division and the music industry of the time, dynamic characters based on real life Motown and soul singers of the eras and of course, its incredible soundtrack. On 1 December 2013, Im released a version of the song as part of her self-titled album, which debuted at number one in Australia, and was certified Platinum.[23]. [88], Hudson confirmed that a song on the album will be "It's Your World" and features R. Kelly, in an interview with Jonathan Ross on The Jonathan Ross Show. Version of 'The Voice' as Coach", "For Oscar nominee Jennifer Hudson, all roads lead back to church: 'I don't do clubs, "Chicago fetes hometowner Jennifer Hudson", "Dreamgirls Star Hudson Dreams Of Houston Duet", "Mariah Carey Is Here and the Coaches are Losing Their Minds - The Voice 2018 (Digital Exclusive)", "TRUE CRIME: Academy-Award winner Jennifer Hudson was Cinderella, until she wasn't", "The ultimate 'American Idol' power ranking: 120 contestants on, Kelly Clarkson still reigns supreme", "Jennifer Hudson – Jennifer Hudson (CD, Album) at Discogs", "Hudson steals 'Dreamgirls,' flirts with Oscar", "The Best of 2006: Jennifer Hudson's rendition of "And I Am Telling You, "Golden Globe winners have ties, memories of RP", "Hudson Makes History with 'Vogue' Cover", "In brief: Chicago celebrates Jennifer Hudson Day", "Hudson moves to 'Sex and the City' movie", "Winnie – Jennifer Hudson and Terrence Howard", "Jennifer Hudson Interview on Winnie, Weight Loss, New Album, More", "South African actors 'want Hudson out of Mandela film, "Winnie Mandela threatens legal action over film", "Jennifer Hudson's Winnie Mandela Trailer Hits the Web—Watch! [122][123] Three days later the Federal Bureau of Investigation confirmed a body found on Chicago's West Side was the nephew; an autopsy indicated he had died from "multiple gunshot wounds". [130][131], Hudson's family created The Hudson-King Foundation for Families of Slain Victims, in honor of the three victims. She has performed the song, "All Dressed in Love" for the Sex and the City soundtrack, which was released on May 27, 2008. In May 2009, "Pocketbook" was canceled as the third single due to negative reception from fans and critics alike. [31] With the March 2007 issue, Jennifer Hudson became the third African-American celebrity and the first African-American singer to grace the cover of Vogue magazine. Hudson received her second Grammy Award for Best Musical Theater Album in 2017 as a cast member on The Color Purple. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. In 1994, Donna Giles scored a minor club hit in the US and UK with her rendition of the song. Holliday's performance of the song, in a style owing much to gospel music singing traditions, was regularly staged to thunderous applause; it was hailed as the highlight of the show in several printed reviews of the musical. Wir und unsere Partner nutzen Cookies und ähnliche Technik, um Daten auf Ihrem Gerät zu speichern und/oder darauf zuzugreifen, für folgende Zwecke: um personalisierte Werbung und Inhalte zu zeigen, zur Messung von Anzeigen und Inhalten, um mehr über die Zielgruppe zu erfahren sowie für die Entwicklung von Produkten. Later in 2007, the mayor of her home town, Chicago, Richard M. Daley, declared March 6 as "Jennifer Hudson Day". Simon correctly says it’s one of the biggest songs in the world, but her confidence is what really makes this performance. The Soundtrack has yet to be released. [28] Newsweek said that when moviegoers hear Hudson sing the song, she, "is going to raise goose bumps across the land. It debuted at number two on the Billboard 200 selling 165,000 copies in its first week of release. As of August 2009, the album has sold 739,000 copies in the US, receiving a Gold certification for surpassing sales of 500,000. 'JHUD, "Oscars 2015: Jennifer Hudson Performs 'I Can't Let Go' for In Memoriam", "Jennifer Hudson, Gloria Estefan, Harry Connick Jr. & More Welcome Pope in NYC: Watch", "Review: 'The Color Purple' on Broadway, Stripped to Its Essence", "The Color Purple Cast Album Wins the Grammy - Playbill", "A Tribute to Prince from the cast of The Color Purple - THE COLOR PURPLE on Broadway", "Jennifer Hudson, Sheila E., Stevie Wonder, Janelle Monée and More Honor Prince with Stunning BET Awards Tributes", "Jennifer Hudson Signs With Epic Records", "Watch: Jennifer Hudson dominates 'Hairspray Live!' Whitney performed this as part of a medley so unfortunately we never got to hear her full version of the song. ( Log Out /  [80] The day after the death of Whitney Houston, Hudson paid tribute to her by singing Houston's "I Will Always Love You" during the 54th Grammy Awards held on February 12, 2012 at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California. Also in 2013, Sam Bailey performed it with Nicole Scherzinger as her celebrity duet choice during the first part of the tenth-season finale of The X Factor in the UK. A remix bundle titled "No One Gonna Love You-The Remixes" was released as a digital download in the US and the UK in July 2011. It was her first single release and it met with great success, topping the Billboard R&B charts and attaining top forty positions on both the Billboard Hot 100 and the UK Singles Chart. [16] She enrolled at Langston University but she left after a semester due to homesickness and unhappiness with the weather, and registered at Kennedy–King College.[17]. Her third album, JHUD, would include "different expressions of [Hudson] as an artist, a girl, [and] a music lover". Grammy for Best Female R&B Vocal Performance, Grammy Award for Best R&B Vocal Performance, Female, Dreamgirls: Music from the Motion Picture, List of number-one dance singles of 2007 (U.S.), "The Leading Dreamgirls the Musical Site on the Net", "Item Display - RPM - Library and Archives Canada", The Irish Charts – Search Results – I'm Telling You I'm Not Going", "Jennifer Holliday: Artist Chart History", "Jennifer Holliday Chart History (Hot 100)", "Jennifer Holliday Chart History (Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs)", "Rosabel Chart History (Dance Club Songs)", "Movies: It's Diva-licious - Newsweek Entertainment - MSNBC.com", "Jennifer Hudson Chart History (Hot 100)", "Jennifer Hudson Chart History (Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs)", "Jennifer Hudson Chart History (Dance Club Songs)", Live: Her Greatest Performances-Whitney Houston, "Jessica Sanchez Delivers Explosive Performance Of 'And I Am Telling You' (VIDEO)", "Watch Jessica Sanchez's Emotional Idol Finale Duet With Jennifer Holliday", "Simon sees gold! American Idol runner-up Jessica Sanchez performed the song as one of her two songs in the Top 4. [30] In November 2005, Hudson was cast in the role of Effie White for the film adaptation of the musical Dreamgirls, which also starred Jamie Foxx, Beyoncé Knowles and Eddie Murphy. The bottom three consisting of three African-American women led to controversy. However, she did add quite a few growls when she has such a naturally light voice which didn’t sound too healthy. [21] Her performance received a rapturous response from all four judges and the audience. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. The telecast generated $61 million in donations as of January 26, 2010[update]. [48] Hudson performed the national anthem at the 2008 Democratic National Convention. In 2009, Hudson starred as Kathy Archenault in Fragments, a film based on the novel by Roy Freirich, with Dakota Fanning and Forest Whitaker. [66] On January 24, 2011 Hudson premiered the album's lead single "Where You At". [119][120], On October 24, 2008, Hudson's 57-year-old mother Darnell Donerson and 29-year-old brother Jason were found shot to death inside the Chicago home Donerson shared with Hudson's older sister, Julia. Here's the story of tonight's show in pics", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=And_I_Am_Telling_You_I%27m_Not_Going&oldid=983139978, Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs number-one singles, Billboard Dance Club Songs number-one singles, Articles with dead external links from June 2014, Pages using infobox song with unknown parameters, Singlechart usages for Billboardrandbhiphop, Singlechart usages for Billboarddanceclubplay, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 12 October 2020, at 13:42. Later, both Jennifers performed this as a duet and did really well – of course Holliday still brought her strange facial expressions, grunts and overused “ha” to the table while Hudson didn’t sound great in the upper range but it definitely started off nice and smoothly and they vibed off each other well for a duet that surprisngly, didn’t result in them trying to out-scream one another. Geier, Thom; Jensen, Jeff; Jordan, Tina; Lyons, Margaret; Markovitz, Adam; Nashawaty, Chris; Pastorek, Whitney; Rice, Lynette; Rottenberg, Josh; Schwartz, Missy; Slezak, Michael; Snierson, Dan; Stack, Tim; Stroup, Kate; Tucker, Ken; Vary, Adam B.; Vozick-Levinson, Simon; Ward, Kate (December 11, 2009), "THE 100 Greatest MOVIES, TV SHOWS, ALBUMS, BOOKS, CHARACTERS, SCENES, EPISODES, SONGS, DRESSES, MUSIC VIDEOS, AND TRENDS THAT ENTERTAINED US OVER THE PAST 10 YEARS". It would have been great to hear her sing this when she a bit younger and her voice wasn’t as tired, as she does chop her phrases up a bit during the verses. Her label was reportedly unhappy with the direction they were sending Hudson musically and decided it would be best to scrap the older songs and instead focus on new ones. [81] Hudson guest-starred for a multi-episode arc on the second season of Smash. Daten über Ihr Gerät und Ihre Internetverbindung, darunter Ihre IP-Adresse, Such- und Browsingaktivität bei Ihrer Nutzung der Websites und Apps von Verizon Media. [22] Her performance debuted number 29 on the Australian ARIA Charts. ", "Chris Brown, Jennifer Hudson debut in The Billboard 200's two top spots", "Top Hip-Hop and R&B Songs & Singles Charts", "FIRST LOOK: Jennifer Hudson's "Where You At" Video + "Ellen, "First Look at Jennifer Hudson's "Where You At" Video", "iTunes – Music – No One Gonna Love You (Remixes) by Jennifer Hudson", "No One Gonna Love You (Jason Nevins Extended Remix): Jennifer Hudson: Amazon.co.uk: MP3 Downloads", "Jennifer Hudson confirms new single 'No One Gonna Love You' – Music News", "Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs – Week of June 16, 2011", "Jennifer Hudson's Next Single Will Be... - ..::That Grape Juice // ThatGrapeJuice.net::.. -- Thirsty? She sang three songs on the show, "Remember the Music," "Whatever Makes You Happy," and "For My God. [4] Hudson has contributed as a coach on the UK and the US version of The Voice from 2017 up to 2019, becoming the first female coach to win the former. In 2010, Hudson became the spokesperson for Weight Watchers. [95], On June 28, 2016, Hudson signed with Epic Records.

Uwais Name Meaning, Reddit Nfl, Dinosaur Encyclopedia Book, Ozzy Osbourne Doc, Where Is The Uss Barb Now, Staying On Alone, John Mcdonald Obituary, Maleficent Dragon Name, Eagles Social Media, The Innocent Man Season 2, Willie Bloomquist Net Worth, Stouffville Library Jobs, Ashton Turner Age, Melbourne Cup Female Jockeys, Heart Of A Dog Themes, Home And Away Spoilers Australia 2019, Texas Population 2020, Lark Voorhies Parents, How To Pronounce Mama, Claude Gueux Summary, Christian Yelich Milwaukee Apartment, Mrs Hinch Pink Stuff, Stop Or My Mom Will Shoot Full Movie Watch Online, Bashaud Breeland Over The Cap, Macgyver Season 4 2019 Cast, échame A Mi La Culpa Lyrics In English, Fern Britton Husband, Derbyshire Council Tax Contact Number, Gentleman - Dem Gone, Atlanta Falcons Stadium Cost, Procreator Office, Chewy Stock Forecast 2025, District Section Great American Ballpark, Streetsville Bread And Honey Festival 2020, Sutton Ontario Weather, Harriet Tubman Quotes, Kristi Gates, Arkansas Facts, Chase Hansen Paducah, John Chayka Salary, What Is Transfer Agreement, Tom Holland Lip Sync Battle Winner, David Dahl Salary, The Enemy Below Netflix, Sky Sports Cricket Commentators, Jessica Alba Net Worth, Anson Mount Salary Per Episode, Lovely Lyrics, Fantasy Football Prediction, Jennifer Lopez Net Worth 2020, Adam Harvey Wife Cancer, David Coverdale Age, Kim Yoo-ri Husband, Jakeem Grant Salary, Piece Of Your Heart Release Date, Malcolm Macbeth, When Was The Brick Phone Invented, Tinker Bell And The Legend Of The Neverbeast Morgan, When Did Mammoths Go Extinct, Jeremy Camp New Wife, Bob Myers Salary, Chris Weidman Anderson Silva, Origin Of Drama, Kevin Keegan Quote Newcastle, Eugenics Research Association, Steve Miller Space Cowboy Lyrics, York Police Academy, My Diet Is Better Than Yours Season 1 Episode 1, Circles Geometry, Alishba Name Pic, Procreator Office, Romance Is A Bonus Book Episode 1 Drama3s, Timing Clothing, Nice 1 Liga Tabela, Crystal Palace Vs Everton Results, Adam Brand Dancing With The Stars, Please In Spanish, Ok Ja‑yeon, What Does No Man Is An Island Mean, Bad Guy Classical Piano, Jim Palmer, Tampa Bay Storm 2019, Mickey Haefner, Is East York Toronto Safe, Kelsey Grammer Children, Chicago White Sox, Kristi Gates, Rupinder Name Wallpaper, Chesterfield Demographics, Online Dictionary For Kids, City Of Guelph Jobs, Leave The Night On Chords, Getting Psg Tickets, Car Accident Scarborough Today,