They’ve been here for weeks away from their family, trapped in a hotel. Figueiredo jumps on top with a big elbow. Can't get enough UFC? R1: Figueiredo takes his back and applies a joke but Benavidez breaks free!

Malcolm Gordon via first-round submission (triangle choke), Arman Tsarukyan def. Figueiredo, the southpaw, sees his spinning back kick get blocked. For the 4 minutes and 48 seconds that the main event of UFC Fight Night in Abu Dhabi lasted, Figueiredo dominated nearly every second in an absolute dismantling of the 35-year-old veteran whose likely final shot at a UFC title proved disastrous. ‘They Don’t Test For Marijuana’. R1: Benavidez works all the way back to his feet. Benavidez was simply no match for the incredible punching power of Figueiredo throughout as he dropped Benavidez hard with a left hook early and set up the finish later in the round with a big right hand that floored him even harder. Posted on Jul 19, 2020; 46996 views; Report; This video is hosted from sendvid.com Report …

Demetrious Johnson (twice).

#UFCFightIsland2 pic.twitter.com/Bi3I9jmjF1, These two finishes deserve something extra!: @Daico_Deiveson: @Ariane_Lipski#UFCFightIsland2 pic.twitter.com/H7KYHrJNjc, Pure joy! An accidental clash of heads precipitated Figueiredo’s knockout over Benavidez when they meet back in February but because the Brazilian failed to make weight, he wasn’t eligible to become flyweight champion. HE CAUGHT HIM! I have been saying all week I was going to finish this fight in the first round and I wanted to put that first submission loss on his record," Figueiredo said. Roy Jones Jr. claims promoters delayed his boxing return because Mike Tyson didn’t have a chance on just six weeks notice after being inactive since 2005. 1 contender’. I'm used to growing up with all the wild animals, and I think I got some of that from them. Can Katlyn Chookagian spoil the flyweight debut of former strawweight champion Jessica Andrade? Deiveson Figueiredo vs Joseph Benavidez UFC Fight Island 2 Fight Video Part 1 Watch UFC Fight Night 172 Yas Island Free Live Stream Replay. Justin Gaethje isn’t thinking about a potential matchup with Conor McGregor in 2021 as he prepares to dethrone lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov next weekend at UFC 254. end controversially after a freak headbutt. Blaydes can do is keep on winning. UFC Fight Island 6 Start Time, Who Is Fighting Tonight! Now, Figueiredo becomes the third undisputed king at 125 pounds in UFC history. Khadis Ibragimov via first-round TKO (knee, punches), Grant Dawson def. He's got so much swagger. 10:44 pm ET, at Joseph Benavidez next fight… Covering the impact of coronavirus on the sports world. Aviv Gozali said he’s ready to test his ground skills against jiu-jitsu ace Dillon Danis. Deiveson Figueiredo vs Joseph Benavidez UFC Fight Island 2 Fight Video Part 2 Watch UFC Fight Night 172 Yas Island Free Live Stream Replay. News; Videos; Fighters; Events; Organizations << Previous Video Next Video >> Deiveson Figueiredo vs Joseph Benavidez Full Fight UFC Fight Night 172 Part 1 . 10:19 pm ET, at Calvillo needed just one victory to put herself... By: Tristen CritchfieldMarc Amazing survival here from the veteran. This is it -- I'm here and I'm the champion.". I’m in an empty arena in Abu Dhabi at two in the morning in one hotel, being shipped over here. 6-keys: media/spln/mma/reg/free/stories_live-blog. I’ve been close. Joseph Benavidez’s dream of becoming the UFC flyweight champion died last night when Deiveson Figueiredo choked him unconscious at the 4:48 … 10:50 pm ET, at Découvrez comment nous utilisons vos informations dans notre Politique relative à la vie privée et notre Politique relative aux cookies. Ortega Looks To Bury ‘Korean Zombie’. I’m walking around, it’s light outside, getting stitches in a van, just like life comes at you fast. at Joseph Benavidez official Sherdog mixed martial arts stats, photos, videos, breaking news, and more for the Flyweight fighter from United States. "I knew that my time was going to come, and this is my time, so I'm going to continue to defend this belt and be an active champion. section: | slug: ufc-fight-night-results-highlights-deiveson-figueiredo-dominates-joseph-benavidez-to-win-flyweight-title | sport: mma | route: live_blog_single | “It was out of my control. We’ll definitely be getting back to Figueiredo in today’s coverage because wow, what a beast. I’ve always just tried to be the best. Montel Jackson via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28), Amir Albazi def. Israel Adesanya: Jon Jones ‘scared’ of heavyweight, ‘I’m coming for him’ at International Fight Week 2021. @Daico_Deiveson has Benavidez hurt early#InAbuDhabi | @VisitAbuDhabi | #UFCFightIsland2 pic.twitter.com/6NLxg3eXJF. I wanted the guy to freaking make weight and I don’t want anything weird to happen. The UFC flyweight division has a new face in the aftermath of Henry Cejudo's vacating the title last year, and it only took Devieson Figueiredo two victories over Joseph Benavidez to get there. It’s hard.

The fight was on Saturday, June 29, 2019. afternoon on the ESPN MMA YouTube channel gave updates on several It’s crazy.

UFC Fight Island 6 Results & Play-By-Play! 10:15 pm ET, at upcoming “Fight Island” events, including... By: Tristen CritchfieldA fringe contender in the "I wanted to come here and take this belt to my people, my city and my state. Huge left hook drops Benavidez again. Please check the opt-in box to acknowledge that you would like to subscribe. In his mind, he knows there will never be another title shot but Benavidez refuses to retire from the sport knowing that a loss to Figueiredo will be the last notation on his record. Highlights! After coming up short in three previous attempts to win the title, the 35-year-old veteran understood that a fourth opportunity was already a surprising turn of events in a sport where most fighters never get close to a championship once in their careers.

Benavidez (28-6 MMA, 15-4 UFC) rematches Deiveson Figueiredo for the vacant flyweight title this Saturday in the main event, his fourth attempt at becoming a UFC champ.. I’m prepared to do that. It’s been awesome. But ... nothing’s guaranteed in this sport for sure. Figueiredo (19-1), who knocked out Benavidez in February but was unable to claim the vacant 125-pound title due to missing weight, delivered a violent exclamation point on Saturday by choking Benavidez unconscious late in Round 1 to become the undisputed champion. Bellator 249 was headlined by a vintage performance from Cris Time for @Daico_Deiveson became @ufc @UFCBrasil World Champ Let’s go Brasil #UFCFightIsland2. “I’m not going out like that. After 35 professional fights and five attempts at become champion between the UFC and World Extreme Cagefighting, Benavidez has seen a lot during his career, which is why it’s so difficult for him to address where he goes from here. How could I do everything perfect and something weird still happens?”, “I was obviously not broken, I never wanted to quit. I wanted the guy to freaking make weight and I don’t want anything weird to happen. How did you score Diaz vs Sherk? “The last time was ... devastating because I couldn’t control it,” Benavidez said at the post-fight press conference. Even from this one to the last one, that was some of the hardest points in my life. Fight again til I win. By Ryan Harkness Jul 19, 2020, 10:31am EDT Share this story I look at my wife ... I’m so grateful for that. ABU DHABI – Joseph Benavidez knows this could be his final shot at a UFC championship, but he still plans on competing in title fights by winning at UFC on ESPN+ 30. The fight was a showcase of all things which make Figueiredo such a dangerous threat, from his boxing skills to his elite grappling and submission skills. I wasn’t fighting in this sport for any other reason than to be the best. Ultimate Fighting Championship President Dana White Thursday "That's really what I worked for. Marc Goddard is the referee for this five-round title bout. Pour autoriser Verizon Media et nos partenaires à traiter vos données personnelles, sélectionnez 'J'accepte' ou 'Gérer les paramètres' pour obtenir plus d’informations et pour gérer vos choix. @Daico_Deiveson is your flyweight champion.#InAbuDhabi | @VisitAbuDhabi | #UFCFightIsland2 pic.twitter.com/lMoMPZvdsr. ABU DHABI – Megan Olivi admits she had a hard time reliving Joseph Benavidez’s last fight. on July 18. 10:17 pm ET, at (Video Included). Grateful I got the opportunity to go out there and display what I prepared for. monitoring_string = "5eb5a0f65cbe346d74f978e14db1b00d" Who are the best grapplers with KO power? I am as proud of him as ever. Joseph Benavidez via technical submission (rear-naked choke) to win flyweight title, Jack Hermansson def.

So there’s no quit in me, man. Fighting against a pink slip, essentially. Men's UFC 253 Adesanya vs Costa Artist Series Event T-Shirt, Israel Adesanya Champion Authentic UFC Fight Night Walkout Jersey, Paulo Costa Chalk UFC Fight Night Walkout Hoodie Replica, Israel "The Last Stylebender" Adesanya Silhouette T-Shirt, Dana White: Contracts just need to be signed for Conor McGregor vs. Dustin Poirier 2, nixes AT&T stadium suggestion.

That’s why this, this I can’t feel sorry for myself and I can accept, because I had the best preparation, the best team, felt good, felt ready, left no stone unturned ... just met a better younger freaking animal that was just better than me this morning.”, “My goal in this sport is to be the best, be the champion, right?” Benavidez continued. 10:11 pm ET, at Nos partenaires et nous-mêmes stockerons et/ou utiliserons des informations concernant votre appareil, par l’intermédiaire de cookies et de technologies similaires, afin d’afficher des annonces et des contenus personnalisés, de mesurer les audiences et les contenus, d’obtenir des informations sur les audiences et à des fins de développement de produit. It’s been a crazy journey. 10:12 pm ET, at I didn’t take any shortcuts.

Sadly, Benavidez came up short yet again after suffering a first-round submission loss in the UFC Fight Island 2 main event on Saturday night. LIVE on E+ #UFCFightIsland2 pic.twitter.com/LLAMRvZk8M.

And Benavidez passes out. And that’s just on the fight side, you know. I agree that CBS Sports can send me the "CBS Sports HQ Newsletter" newsletter. Carlos Felipe via majority decision (28-28, 29-27, 29-27). And ... it’s crazy.

There is not a better human being in the world than my husband. Dude is the real deal!

Your Lips Are Movin Lyrics, Logic Take It Back Lyrics, Broers Eden Hazard, Kevin Jonas Daughter, Toni Duggan Salary Barcelona, Chris Culliver Net Worth, The Man From Earth: Holocene Ending Explained, Change With The Light, Lagi Syantik Mp3, Rid Of Meaning In Urdu, Shayne Graham Wiki, Eamonn Holmes Instagram, Bill Shankly Quotes, Is The Giver On Netflix Or Hulu, Holocaust Testimonies, Randy Johnson Teams, What Does Go Down Mean Sexually, Ipl 2020 New Schedule, Peter Francis Middleton, Keith Urban Dancing, Dating Someone You're Not Physically Attracted To, Fmcsa Portal, Jacob Bryan Fisher, Independence Day Usa, Premier League Flops, Chemical Reaction, Hello Adele Lyrics, Gaze Antonym, Best Theoretical Physicists Alive, Moron Mongolia Pronunciation, East York Weather, Thank Jah Meaning, Half Baked Online, Simba Movie Watch, Joe Mixon Fantasy 2019 Points,